How To Effectively Remove Rust
Rust stains are one of the most difficult to remove. But now, there are number of ways on how you can remove rust either in utensils or on clothes.
If you want to remove rust on hard surfaces it can be removed just by scraping it off with a steel wool pad or wire brush. This removes most of the surface rust from small areas. If rust stains are a little stubborn, add a bit of mineral oil to the rust. Let it sit for awhile as the oil is absorbed. Then use steel wool, a scrubbing pad or brush. Don't use this method on fabrics; use it only for items with a hard surface that can stand the rubbing and scraping of the steel wool or brush.
Commercial rust removers are best for large rust stains or stubborn stains that don't respond to other methods. Most rust removers contain a strong acid. These products work in the same way as citric acid and ascetic acid but these products are more potent. Acids mostly used in commercial rust removers are effective, but also toxic. When using these products have plenty of ventilation and follow instructions carefully.
There are also natural ways on how you can remove rust stains. And the only thing you need is lemon juice.
Remove rust stains on utensils:
1. In a small bowl, combine vinegar and lemon juice.
2. With the use of the funnel, pour the mixture to a spray bottle.
3. Spray the lemon-vinegar mixture to the rust stained utensils and rub it with towel. It should be removed in seconds.
4. This is also good in cleaning, disinfecting and removing the rusts in kitchen sinks.
Remove rust from clothes or fabric is the most difficult and really tricky. But just like with the kitchen utensils, the secret to removing this is lemon juice.
1. Lay the rust-stained fabric over several white paper towels, which will act as a blotter and absorb the rust.
2. Cut a lemon in half and saturate the stain with the fresh lemon juice.
3. Set the fabric (with the paper towel blotter beneath) out in the sun to dry. The rust stain will disappear.
4. Launder the fabric.
You can try other way to remove rust but these suggested steps on how to effectively remove rust on any utensils and clothes will notably help you.